IEEE-488 on the PDP-11

Christian Gauger-Cosgrove captainkirk359 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 17:09:01 CST 2021

On Tue, 16 Nov 2021 at 16:27, Ethan Dicks via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
> Fun card.  Thanks for starting this thread.  I have one too (came with
> my MINC-11) and I have experience with IEEE-488 from my many hours
> spent with Commodore PETs.

Hmm now that I'm reminded that a large proportion of Commodore's
"stuff" was IEEE 488 or a serialized version thereof.

I kind of want to see now if an IBV11 and Commodore 1541 can be abused
into cooperating. (There'd need to be a small "box of stuff" to turn
the real 488 bus to CBM's serial thing.)

> Thanks to all for sharing code and software.

I'll second this; many thanks for sharing the official DEC RT-11
drivers and code.

Best regards,
Christian
--