Melted computer feet

Maciej W. Rozycki macro at orcam.me.uk
Thu May 20 00:14:18 CDT 2021

On Wed, 19 May 2021, Zane Healy via cctalk wrote:

> I’m trying to determine if I can revive the VAXstation 4000/90 I
> received from a list member, back around 1998 (it’s never worked).
> When I pulled it out, I discovered that its feet have melted, and I’m
> assuming probably made a mess on the disk enclosure for my VAXstation
> 3100 that it was on top of.

 I always use IPA with this stuff, as I did with my VAXstation 4000/90
which suffered from this very problem many years ago.  I tend to use 3M
replacement feet then, some of which I've had for 20+ years now with no
sign of deterioration so far, longer than the original DEC feet survived.
I'd have to look up the P/N though as I don't have it handy.

 HTH,

  Maciej