LK201 emulator for PS-2 keyboard

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Wed May 12 12:47:20 CDT 2021

> On May 12, 2021, at 1:12 PM, Antonio Carlini via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
> On 12/05/2021 17:53, Paul Koning via cctalk wrote:
>> I remember those.  I thought Jonathan was talking about the round ones, but I suppose the protocol is identical.  There was also a tablet, same interface I believe.  I used one of those to trace some topo maps.
>>
>> Does anyone know of protocol documentation for these devices?
>>
>> 	paul
>>

> The normal mouse specs are in VCB02 Video Subsystem Technical Manual, EK-104AA-TM-001 (appendix C).
>
> The LK201 is in there too.

Got it, thanks.  8 bits plus parity, you don't see that very often.

A quick scan confirms that this would be doable.  It's a fair amount of new software, plus a different host connection.  7 pin mini-DIN connectors are readily available so the simplest answer would be to put such a connector on the board and rely on a cable with connectors at both ends, but I don't know how hard those are to find.

As I said before, I'm not likely to do such a project, but anyone who's interested can use the existing designs as a starting point.

	paul