Motor generator-audiofools

ben bfranchuk at jetnet.ab.ca
Fri May 7 13:20:00 CDT 2021

On 5/6/2021 8:00 AM, David Barto via cctalk wrote:
> I don’t refer to them as Audio-phools.
>
> They are GESR’s. (pronounced guesser)
>
> Golden
> Eared
> Sonic
> Reviewers
>
> They guess this sounds better than that, so it must be worth it.
>
> 	David
>
>> On May 5, 2021, at 6:31 PM, Jay Jaeger via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>>
>> I think a lot of the time audio-phools, if they will be honest with themselves, are really trying to recreate the stereo (or even HiFi) sounds of the 1960s because they have fond memories and like it better.  THAT I have no problem with whatsoever.
>>
>> What gets annoying is when the phools try and convince others that this old gear somehow more accurately reproduces recordings or that the "fleecy" stuff referred to actually makes things better.  Oh well.
>>
>> JRJ

Well I am a Audio-Fool. Like they say "A fool and his money.. ".
Secret word of the day "ElectroStatic Speakers".
I suspect 90% of the old sound is from the distortion of the speakers
and the audio equipment clipping. I have had my audio system for the
last few years, now to start upgrading to better computer, I have yet to
find it. Some how a pie computer emulating a PDP 8 does not feel quite
right.
Ben.