VT340 Emulation

Mark Matlock mark at matlockfamily.com
Thu Jun 24 11:16:12 CDT 2021

> On Jun 24, 2021, at 11:06 AM, Paul Koning <paulkoning at comcast.net> wrote:
>
> LK201s use 4800 baud UART interfacing.  PC keyboards with DIN connectors (PS-2) have a very different type of interface, nothing like a UART.  If the terminal you are talking about wants a PS-2 keyboard, as my VT501 does, you need a protocol translator.  It would essentially be the reverse of the LK201 emulator for PS-2 keyboards I released a while back, and possibly the same board could be used with a rather different program running on it.
>
> 	paul

Paul,
   The VT LAN 40 does use the PS-2 keyboard protocol like the VT501. The main board
of the unit is a PC mother board running Windows 3.1 from ROM. It has some amount of
non-volatile memory to store session settings.

   It does sound like a protocol translator like you design but in reverse would allow the
older more common VT keyboard to be used.

Mark