Who has a working Terak?

John Foust jfoust at threedee.com
Sun Jun 20 18:04:16 CDT 2021

At 10:50 AM 6/19/2021, you wrote:
>off topic, but since Teraks came up
>does anyone have boot disks for the later Calcomp Teraks that have an NEC 7220
>graphics color graphics board?

I have one 8600 color (Q-Bus add-on, separate box) system I inherited from
a Terak founder.  His estate didn't provide disks.  I believe his nephew
got all the disks but I don't think he's ever answered my emails.  Apart
from the software, I imagine there must be a companion card for it that
goes in an 8510 - I don't think I have that.

I think Cyrus Smith (once of Electric Image) had a color system but
last time I asked he said it might be "gone."

- John