PDP-11/05 (was: PDP-11/05 microcode dump?)

steven at malikoff.com steven at malikoff.com
Thu Jun 17 06:57:36 CDT 2021

Tom said
> I have a couple different drawing sets for the 11/05 and while some have the matching M7260
> schematic, only the GT40 drawings (I found on bitsavers) has the M7261E schematic:
>
> http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/dec/graphics/VT11/GT40_Graphic_Terminal_Engineering_Drawings_Feb73.pdf
>
> The GT40 drawings has the PROM listings and related, so I am hoping that they match what is in the
> two boards.

My original PDP-11/05 print set that came from the BHP steelworks is titled just 'PDP-11/05 Engineering
Drawings' and the drawings are for machine revision 1105-0. It covers the early 11/05 with the cast metal
grille with no slots (as seen in the 11/05 handbook) rather than the later 11/05 with the plastic slotted
grille.
The dates on the drawings are 1972 and some of the microcode listing dates are different to the 'PDP-11/05-S,
11/10-S systems engineering drawings' bitsavers scan and the GT-40 scan, and some of them are the same.

I'm not sure where I look to see what revision of the M7261 it shows, as the Rev box in the bottom right
seems to jump around, eg. Rev N, Rev K, Rev H or is that just the minor drawing revision for that page?

Steve