IBM Logic IC equivalency information needed

Mattis Lind mattislind at gmail.com
Sun Jun 13 01:07:12 CDT 2021

Den lör 12 juni 2021 kl 10:54 skrev Christian Corti via cctalk <
cctalk at classiccmp.org>:

> On Fri, 11 Jun 2021, Santo Nucifora wrote:
> > I am currently working on an IBM 5100 that has some issues. I know for
> > certain that the 5100 has a bad graphics controller card so I need to dig
> > into component level replacements for those ICs I can replace. I have a
> > list of logic chip equivalents to the IBM part numbers that are written
> on
> > the chips but I don't think it's 100% accurate because IBM part number
> > 1582601 comes back as 74151 "DATA SEL/MUX" but when I use one of those
> > cheap logic chip testers (that is surprisingly accurate), it comes back
> as
> > a 74157. For the record, if I test a 74151, it comes back as a 74151 so
> the
> > tester is correct. I just want to make sure the table I have is accurate
> > and that the tester is not 100% accurate or if that chip has failed and
> > tests like a 74157 in it's state.
> >
> > This is the current list I am using that I got from somewhere but I don't
> > recall where:
> > https://vintagecomputer.ca/ibm-vintage-logic-chip-equivalency-list/
> > Does anyone have an IBM logic chip equivalency table for 74 series logic
> > chips?
>
> This list looks like a faulty transcription of my list here:
> ftp://computermuseum.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de/ibm/ibmparts.txt
>
> In my list, it is "1582601 74157 DATA SEL/MUX".
> This list came from some IBM internal copies with unknown source.

Thanks for the list Christian!

I have a broken 5110 PSU here. Unfortunately it is not covering any of the
chips in the IBM 5110 Switch mode PSU.
There are three metal cans numbered 1582779, 1582780 and 1582781. 16 pin
types. Then there are four 361497 which I think is just three transistors
and some resistors (at least that is what a picture I have seen is
indicating). The latter type is 12 pin.

Anyone that has a clue what the 15827xx are?

https://i.imgur.com/MexGosO.jpg

/Mattis