David Gesswein's MFM emulator on the DEC Professional

Adrian Graham binarydinosaurs at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 17:19:51 CST 2021

> On 16 Jan 2021, at 22:32, Paul Koning via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
> I just completed a set of tests of David's MFM emulator on my Pro 380.

> Details:
>
> 1. I built and tested it (rev C board) per the instructions and all that worked nicely.  A few minor points in the instructions, quickly clarified by David and already updated on the web page.  I used an old 2 MB BeagleBone Black (the kind that was shipped some years ago with the abandoned Angstrom distribution), that fits just fine.

Oh hells, I’m just drawing up a cape for an old 2GB BBB for my second DECbox project but this might be a better use for it and I can get a PocketBeagle to use on the DECbox instead.

For those that may not have heard of it, DECbox is a BBB-based emulator that fits inside a VT100 and using simh will emulate your favourite anything that uses a serial terminal.

http://binarydinosaurs.co <http://binarydinosaurs.co/>.uk/Museum/Decbox

That’s my first one, the 2nd one will go inside one of my VT220s, or even a 240.

--
Adrian Graham
Owner of Binary Dinosaurs, the UK's biggest private home computer collection?