APL\360

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Fri Jan 15 17:41:04 CST 2021

On Fri, 15 Jan 2021, Bill Gunshannon via cctalk wrote:
> Even worse when they are told specifically to "not waste time" learning
> things like APL or COBOL.

THAT is truly criminal.

A viewpoint opposed to mine:
"The use of COBOL cripples the mind; its teaching should, therefore, be
regarded as a criminal offense."  - Edsger Dijkstra

Choosing to learn it, or APL, etc. is an admirable educational exercise.

A tangential recreational educational exploration is NEVER a "waste of
time".

Grumpy Ol' Fred     		cisin at xenosoft.com