APL\360

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 10:50:37 CST 2021

On Fri, 15 Jan 2021 at 17:44, Gavin Scott via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> APL is still a going concern in a few places

Oh, definitely. I subscribed to the British APL Association's
newsletter from an advert in UK magazine PCW in the 1980s and
continued to get its publication, _Vector_, for over 20Y.

https://britishaplassociation.org/

I never understood it but I enjoyed the feeling of baffled
incomprehension I got from reading it. I was sad when it stopped.

When I was emigrating in 2014, I found an unopened copy of Vector in a
box in my garage. _That_ copy was the one in which they asked all
subscribers to confirm they still wanted it. :-(

So I resubbed online and now I get it again. providing that warm
comforting sensation of intellects vast and cool, as immeasurably
superior to my own as mine is to that of the transient creatures that
swarm and multiply in a drop of water.

https://vector.org.uk/

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk – gMail/gTalk/gHangouts: lproven at gmail.com