Dec RQDX: What kind of chips on it?

Joshua Rice Rice43 at btinternet.com
Tue Jan 5 05:47:24 CST 2021

I’m not sure where i read it, but i’m pretty sure the main “brains” of the RQDX2 is a T-11 (PDP-11 FALCON) chip, and that does the negotiations between disk and system. I don’t know if it’s the same for the RQDX3, but i’d suspect not, as the incompatabilities between the 2 and 3 are probably due to a controller redesign. Though i really am no expert when it comes to disk controllers, and barely qualify as an amatuer with QBUS PDP-11’s in general!

I have a suspected faulty, but never tested (water damaged) RQDX2 i have pulled from a MicroPDP-11/23 i have been restoring. I don’t know if it’s any use, but i’m sure i can let it go for a pittance as long as you’re located in the UK