OT: Traveling to Zurich in February

jos.dreesen jos.dreesen at greenmail.ch
Fri Dec 17 14:38:10 CST 2021

Hans Franke is still running the VCF Munich. Check www.vcfe,orgSwitzerlands premier computermuseum is www.enter.ch, very conviniently located at Solothurn railway station. Solothurn itself is worthwhile.Jos
-------- Original message --------From: Bill Degnan via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> Date: 17/12/2021  21:24  (GMT+01:00) To: Van Snyder <van.snyder at sbcglobal.net>, "General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts" <cctalk at classiccmp.org> Subject: Re: OT: Traveling to Zurich in February On Fri, Dec 17, 2021 at 3:19 PM Van Snyder via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org>wrote:> On Fri, 2021-12-17 at 10:07 -0500, Bill Degnan via cctalk wrote:>> > around 1830 was a piece of paper with a note written by his> > granddaughter> > many years later about someone called "Count von Burlowe" (spelling?)> > about> > a partnership to found or make commercial a health resort called "Bad> > Krautzma",>> There was a  von Bülow family of 19th-century German (not Swiss)> diplomats and statesmen, from Hamburg.>> There is a health spa at Bad Kreuznach, about 40 km southwest of Mainz> (about 60 km southwest of Frankfurt).>> My paternal ancestors are from a village called Planig, now a suburb of> Bad Kreuznach, and a nearby village called Pfaffen-Schwabenheim. If you> want genealogy information, contact Westdeutsche Gessenschaft für> Familienforschung (West German Genealogy Society). I can put you into> contact with two members.>> Van Snyder>>Thank you.  I will hold onto your info.b