RK11-C indicator panel inlays?

David Bridgham dab at froghouse.org
Mon Dec 6 08:52:20 CST 2021

On 12/5/21 4:43 PM, Henk Gooijen via cctalk wrote:

> I am definitely interested. Never saw the RK-11C (except once on eBay some 15 years ago)!
> However, I have *two* DX11 front panels with the 144 lamps & 4 ”paddle” connections boards.
> I developed a 100x160 mm (Euro-card size) PCB with a PIC18F252 and 10 MCP23S17 ICs.
> You serially send a command to the PIC and the PIC controls the MCP23S17 outputs.
> Per command you control 8 lamps. On the PCB is one difficult part: a 4 position one-slot block
> to put the 4 paddle boards in.

Fun.  That's a way to get some more lights into your life.  I like it.

> Given you have 144 lamps panel with the RK11-C front, what would you do to light up the lamps?

I think the only reason to have an RK11-C inlay is if you have an
RK11-C.  Otherwise I can't see that it makes much sense.

The one other place I might, maybe, possibly see one being used is along
with one of our QSICs or USICs.  I could add an option to drive an
RK11-C inlay if someone really thought that was what they wanted but the
RK11-F inlay that we came up with really is a better match and more
functional (which is why we came up with it) as well as supporting the
RP11 implementation that I'm sure I'll get working any day now (snort).

Dave