External SCSI Drives on DEC2000 AXP

Jerry Weiss jsw at ieee.org
Sun Dec 5 13:48:30 CST 2021

DEC was were specific about the settings for SCSI mode that MicroVAX
3100 firmware and VAX/VMS would accept before enabling third party
drives in that era.   Not all early drives that would accurately
do/report media recovery operations.

Suggest you look at this post and compare to the SCSI drive settings.
Its a bit of work, but I have updated the mode settings for drives used
on my MicroVAX's.  I cannot speak for the DEC2000.

https://groups.google.com/g/comp.os.vms/c/RAaUpP_XXEw/m/BWn64YZYwBQJ

Jerry

On 12/5/21 9:08 AM, Bill Degnan via cctalk wrote:dec2000