PDP-11/70 Boards

Jay Jaeger cube1 at charter.net
Sat Dec 4 17:21:06 CST 2021

On 12/1/2021 11:55 AM, Noel Chiappa via cctalk wrote:
>      > From the blog of someone who got a KB11-A working
>
> It's Fritz Mueller's blog; at about the top of this page:
>
>    https://fritzm.github.io/category/pdp-116.html
>
> he's just turned the machine on for the first time, and you can
> follow as he chases, finds and fixes CPU problems. The KB11-C/D
> of the -11/70 is _very_ similar to the KB11-A he was dealing with
> (they are _basically_ the same CPU, with a cache, and other stuff
> added on the other side from the CPU, on the KB11-C/D), so there
> are probably some good lessons to be learned.

Very useful to see as I ponder trying to get my 11/45 (with a KB11-D in
it) going again.  I think next time I work on this beastie I will roll
it out from my main room where the lighting and access are just OK into
my larger room where my PC is kept temporarily, for easier access.
Going to want to buy a load tester and thoroughly check out the power
supplies first - which are unfortunately really heavy (and may not be
mounted quite properly, either), as it has been several years since I
turned the thing on.

JRJ