VAX4000 VLC diagnostics/console

emanuel stiebler emu at e-bbes.com
Sat Aug 28 11:01:53 CDT 2021

On 2021-07-13 15:39, Zane Healy via cctalk wrote:

> When I did all my testing about a month and a half ago, I used a VT320.  I’m not sure if I’ve ever tried to talk to a VAXstation with anything other than a DEC terminal.

I don't have any problems with USB-Serial adapters, on most DEC
equipment. I have most VT***, but not always like to move them.
So a laptop is easier.

Just don't forget to switch of HW handshake on the USB side, and get
XON/XOFF ...

yes, sometimes one has tp play with 7/8 bits, parities etc., but it
usually works ...