Ultrix-11

Douglas Taylor dj.taylor4 at comcast.net
Fri Aug 20 11:53:11 CDT 2021

Bill;

I started this thread by asking what I thought was a simple question
about Ultrix-11.  Yes, I am trying to install and learn about this
fascinating piece of old software.
Some of the folks who have posted know much more about Unix than I do
and I am learning and enjoying this.

I just tried using the f77 compiler to see how it works.  It is really
outdated and wouldn't recognize some accepted f77 items.  Even under
SIMH it is slow!  But the load libraries are there.

There is a plot command in there that will drive a Tek 4014 graphics
terminal.  Eager to find out how that works.

In the long run I would like to see if it can run on real pdp11 hardware
and support multiple terminals/users.  Just for fun!

Doug