MTI MXV22M

Jonathan Chapman lists at glitchwrks.com
Thu Aug 12 13:03:58 CDT 2021

Pretty sure it's not a SA-800 problem, that was just something we tried in the course of running out of other ideas. These controllers are meant to talk to SA-460 or Tandon TM100-4 96tpi 300 RPM drives ("quad density").

I did of course force head loading on drive select, which does make the SA-800s load the heads when selected. Still nothing written to the diskette, though.

I'm sure the SA-800s are good as they're my main test bench drives. They've been extra-special-exactly aligned so I can interchange media with Mike Douglas' FDC+ Altair compatible disk controller, which has very strict index timing demands.

Coincidentally, these are the drives I bought from you, Bill, when you moved out of the Wilmington building! The ones that had the locked steppers.

Thanks,
Jonathan