IBM PC diagnostics disks

Jay Jaeger cube1 at charter.net
Tue Aug 10 22:30:14 CDT 2021

On 7/29/2021 1:22 PM, Mark Huffstutter via cctech wrote:
> Yes, I sadly, learned that important lesson years ago, after finding My
> "Original" Original PC DOS diskette set pretty much destroyed, left in
> The folders in storage for too long.....

Interesting. The IBM ones that I have had in the clear 5 x 8.5 vinyl
sleeves were in their paper-like material sleeves inside the vinyl.
They have been mostly just fine - just read them in this past week.

On the other hand maybe 10% or so of my 3B2 floppies that were similarly
stored, but in a somewhat different form of vinyl had more sector
errors.  Fortunately I copied some of them (the most critical ones) some
time ago, and those were stored separately, so I expect those will be
fine, but I haven't yet read them in.

JRJ