PC floppy disk sets avaialble free

Grant Taylor cctalk at gtaylor.tnetconsulting.net
Mon Aug 9 18:42:51 CDT 2021

On 8/9/21 10:30 AM, Al Kossow via cctalk wrote:
> Whatever happened to PRIVATE replies.

I did not feel the need for a private reply.  I wanted to put my hand up
as interested in the disks, but I /also/ wanted to make it known that I
wanted someone else with a /need/ to have first dibs.  I was speaking
both to Mike /and/ to the community at large.

> It isn't even that hard to do, you just have to copy their source adr
> from the message, since this list's default reply is to the whole
> fsckin' list

Easy or hard has nothing to do with it when doing so is contrary to the
objective, as stated above.

> I could care less about this, and all it does is aggravate me to see
> someone hasn't even bothered to look if this is already on line.

You seem to be assuming incorrectly.  I /have/ been keeping an eye out
for DEC PathWorks for 5+ years.  I've not seen it when I've trolled
various file / abandonware sites many times.  It's not uncommon for
things to be added to sites in between such trolls through the inventory.

As for bitsaveers, I had not looked /there/ because in my head I
associate them with /documentation/, and /not/ software.  So ... why
would I look for software in -- what to me is -- a documentation repository?

Please don't assume that "someone hasn't even bothered to look".  As
this is a perfect example if I have looked (in the wrong places)
multiple times.

Also note that I did not broadcast asking for it.  I responded to
someone offering a copy of it.

If you don't care about the thread, use your email client's ability to
ignore the thread so that you don't see anything else from it.  Don't
passively attack people that are participating in it.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die