Digital DEC 3000

Jonathan Stone kiwi_jonathan at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 26 14:12:10 CDT 2021

 Hello Rob,

If you end up parting this out to others who have dying motherboards or PSUs:
How much RAM does it have? I bought a 3000/700 last week on eBay, it's supposed to arrive this week.

For what it's worth: I have about a dozen Turbochannel machines that I'm slowly reviving, to work on NetBSD drivers for FDDI and graphics/console support. I've got one of every TC framebuffer (excluding the Kubota/Denali, and the framebuffer with a port to drive an early-90s flat panel). That's partly why there are so few left on eBay at reasonable prices.

It anyone has a PMTCE extender box that they're wiling to part with, I'd pay the price resellers list. (They're all long sold).
 The PMTCE only supports a single TC device, but it ets you install a single 3-slot board, but only consumes one slot on the host. I have two or three of the adapter boards. Rob Jarrett wants to keep his, after the labour of love to restore it.