DEC BA11-K KY11-L mounting brackets -- how?

Fritz Mueller fritzm at fritzm.org
Mon Apr 19 00:45:18 CDT 2021

> On Apr 18, 2021, at 7:40 PM, Noel Chiappa <jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu> wrote:
> There's an intermediate 10" or so high adapter piece (one either side, of course) mounted to the KY11-L... on the bottom, a single 1" or so machine screw (#8, I think) goes through the vertical tab on the side at the front of the BA11, to a tapped hole in the adapter piece.

Thanks for the details, Noel!

Pictures of my brackets should be viewable at https://photos.app.goo.gl/wni3mDAQHozK9Ho27

The interesting/confusing bit for me is the bottom part...  In the second picture you can see that my brackets just have a punched oval hole at the bottom, and not a "tapped hole" per your description above.  The tabs on the chassis to which these brackets mount all have #10 press fit threaded bushings.

The bit at the top, with the plastic pieces (called out on the parts lists as "latch, molding") and countersunk #10 screws is clear, and looks like what you describe.

> I'll take a look. I'm too burned out (COVID long haul) at the moment to take
> pictures or do a drawing right at the moment; if needed, I can do it tomorrow
> (or so).

Something a lot of us are going to have to face in the upcoming months/years, it seems -- wishing you best!

> PS: A while back you were after measurements on the KY11-L power knob;
> did you ever get those: If not, I've got one, and can measure it.

I did not get exact measurements, however, I did find this part:

https://www.millsupply.com/knob-fan-speed-grumman-olson-53777.php?p=324629

...which turns out to be a very suitable replacement: bezel diameter and post height are just right, marking lines up nicely with the panel, good feel and very sturdy.

    cheers,
      --FritzM.