Anyone know ancient versions of XLC?

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 11:42:42 CDT 2021

On Thu, 15 Apr 2021 at 16:00, Stefan Skoglund <stefan.skoglund at agj.net> wrote:

> Ha, on my debian system i get more memory available when instead of
> gnome i instead run e.

E as in Enlightenment? I can believe that. I quite liked Bodhi Linux
for its take on E, but E is not as configurable as I'd like.

E.g. I like a vertical taskbar, like this:
https://imgur.com/gallery/fLeAy

I'd also like to try that combined with vertical title bars, like wm2:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3b/Wm2.png

> And when i i got some problem with printing from evolution ....
> webkitgtk in its sandbox version cant print so now i run
> webkitgtk inside the normal evolution process.... more memory saved
> but i'm living a bit more unsafe now....

O_o

> FRAME from that era was nice and fast.

As in FrameMaker? I barely know it. Back in the '80s I was a total
Aldus PageMaker fanboy. :-) IMHO one of the greatest GUI apps ever
written.

> I had to try to use word 20xx a few years ago ....  compared with word
> 6 (current 1991 on mac) HILFEEEEEE

Word 5.1a was the classic version of Word for Classic.

It's included in the WordPerfect for Mac VM that you can download here:
http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/wpdos/macintosh.html

> Nowadays I hate being forced to mouse  along ... while having a
> strained right wrist.

If you want a lightweight but rich DOS wordprocessor that's freeware
now, MS Word 5.5 is a free download from MS.

https://www.vcfed.org/forum/forum/genres/pcs-and-clones/15399-ms-word-5-5-for-dos-for-free-legally?15238-MS-Word-5-5-for-DOS-for-FREE-(legally)=

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk – gMail/gTalk/gHangouts: lproven at gmail.com