eBay sellers

jim stephens jwsmail at jwsss.com
Tue Apr 13 20:47:26 CDT 2021

On 4/13/2021 5:04 PM, jwest--- via cctalk wrote:
> You probably already did it in your initial contact with him Noel, but I
> would think the thing that would make it stand out and make him change it -
> tell him a PC05 doesn't connect to a PDP8, it goes with something completely
> different (a PDP11 ofc, correct?).
>
> Given that the title says its for a pdp8 (it isn't if it's a PC05).... I bet
> the seller would lose a 'not as advertised' battle pretty quickly.

I figure they throw in about every keyword they can.  Some take some
time to try, but a lot will throw in keywords to catch searches or watch
lists.  Some will throw in PDP with S-100 and heaven knows what else.

I've gotten good replies for the last few years when I bother. Sometimes
will provide links or other auctions to help them.

There was one guy with an id "vintage" something or other (no idea if
the current guys on ebay are them) but I got a psychotic full length
rant that made me wonder whether the guy was deranged.

I never send suggestions on anything then bid, so he didn't have that
excuse.  Unfortunately he had a lot of stuff, but I blocked him off
after that.

He said he reported me to ebay, so I opened an incident an sent his
deranged rant.  If he did, nothing came of it that I heard.  No hostile
sellers since.

I know a friend who sells on epay a lot an has had some fraud.  One has
to continuously tune to avoid being screwed by ebay or the buyers that
are dishonest.  Makes it complicated for those of us who will make the
buyer's whole as far as the agreed upon deal.

Jim