Anyone know ancient versions of XLC?

Kevin Bowling kevin.bowling at kev009.com
Tue Apr 13 11:44:33 CDT 2021

On Mon, Apr 12, 2021 at 8:14 AM Liam Proven via cctech <
cctech at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> On Sun, 11 Apr 2021 at 19:46, David Schmidt via cctech
> <cctech at classiccmp.org> wrote:
> >
> > AIX 3.2.5 was so much leaner and meaner than 4.x that came along next...
> > I never did warm up to it the same way.
>
> Twas ever thus, no?
>
> I remember an ad campaign for AIX when it was quite new... "We took
> UNIX and added millions of lines of code to it." (Or words to that
> effect.) To me and to a lot of other people, this did not sound like a
> good thing...

Linux tends to churn that amount of code in a release.  I find it
interesting how large systemd has become as well:
https://www.theregister.com/2020/01/06/linux_2020_kernel_systemd_code/

The rate of change to Linux literally keeps me up at night during
incidents.. but attempting to tame this for an enterprise also pays the
bills.. I find it peculiar so many people are ok with this model of
computing but the jobs are good for the time being.