Spam

Lawrence Wilkinson ljw-cctech at ljw.me.uk
Tue Sep 1 00:33:30 CDT 2020

As a moderator, I am quite sure that no spam actually came through the
list. On a few occasions the spam has come from a list member's address
and gets passed straight through, but that's quite rare.

However the number of spam posts to the list exceeds real posts by a
factor of about 10. So it's quite possible that I will click the wrong
button and you will all get a spam message. For some reason almost all
the current spam is in German.

(And if you can, please don't post messages with spammy subjects like
"Look at this!" if you want it to go through.)

Bill Degnan (or an imposter) did post a couple of empty messages
recently, no great harm done there.

Lawrence

Lawrence Wilkinson                          lawrence at ljw.me.uk
The IBM 360/30 page                   http://www.ljw.me.uk/ibm360