Tips on reviving a TU56 + TD8E?

Thomas Moss mosst at SDF.ORG
Fri Oct 9 15:38:23 CDT 2020

> Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2020 02:29:46 -0400
> From: Bob Vines <bobvines00 at gmail.com>
> To: cctech <cctech at classiccmp.org>
> Subject: Tips on reviving a TU56 + TD8E?

> I don't have a TU56 & TD8E _yet_, but really hope to get one fairly soon --
> if successful, they will most assuredly require troubleshooting & repairs.
> Where did you find the source for TDFRMT?  Also, where did you find the
> MAINDEC document that matches your version of the TD8E MAINDEC?  I ask
> because I've had _great_ difficulty finding MAINDEC docs that actually
> match whatever MAINDEC images I've tried to use.

Bob,

The source for TDFRMT, as well as the rest of OS/8 can be found here:
https://tangentsoft.com/pidp8i/file?name=src/os8/ock/CUSPS/TDFRMT.PA
https://tangentsoft.com/pidp8i/dir?ci=tip&name=src/os8

Several versions of the TD8E MAINDEC can be found here:
http://so-much-stuff.com/pdp8/software/maindec.php
Only one of them has a PDF, and I haven't checked to see if they fully
match up with the binaries, but the starting addresses of the tests I'd
been checking at least seem to match up with the DHTDAB.DG binary found
here: www.pdp8.net/pdp8cgi/os8_html?act=dir;fn=images/os8/diagpack2.rk05

Regards,
-Tom

mosst at sdf.org