The best hard drives??

Maciej W. Rozycki macro at linux-mips.org
Tue Nov 24 20:47:57 CST 2020

On Fri, 20 Nov 2020, Peter Corlett via cctalk wrote:

> That same $100 widget imported into the UK becomes $120 due to the 20% VAT
> rate, which comes to £90, but the UK has its own self-inflicted problems which
> cause importers loads of extra costs and £100 is easily believable.

 Don't forget a fixed per-clearance administrative fee, covering all the
bureaucratic processing, will easily fill the missing £10 (exact amount
varies by the carrier).  For an item worth $20 received via Royal Mail I
recently paid £13.31 customs charges: £5.31 VAT + £8.00 handling fee --
almost doubling the nominal value of the item (and that does not include
postage!).

  Maciej