OT post delivery / Re: Ordering parts onesie twos

Paul Berger phb.hfx at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 07:17:35 CST 2020

On 2020-01-03 12:11 a.m., Brent Hilpert via cctalk wrote:
> On 2020-Jan-02, at 6:11 PM, Paul Berger via cctalk wrote:
>>> Community mailboxes that serve a neighbourhood.  You need to trek to one to pick up your mail. (https://www.canadapost.ca/cpc/en/personal/receiving/manage-mail/community-mailbox.page)
>>>
>>> N.
>>>
>> A good part of the city where I live still has door to door delivery from Canada Post, but on the other hand the community where I grew up never did.

Resistance because people whined about having to walk a block to get
their mail, while in many small communities the residents never had door
to door delivery and always picked up their mail at the box lobby at the
local post office.  Even though these where small communities, the
majority of the residents travel further to get their mail than the vast
majority of people who get their mail from a community box, knowing this
I have little sympathy for the people now whining about having to pick
up their mail from a community box.  Yes Canada Post did stop door to
door delivery in parts of my city but did back off for now.

Paul.