OT post delivery / Re: Ordering parts onesie twos

Brent Hilpert bhilpert at shaw.ca
Thu Jan 2 22:11:02 CST 2020

On 2020-Jan-02, at 6:11 PM, Paul Berger via cctalk wrote:

>>> How does that work?
>> Community mailboxes that serve a neighbourhood.  You need to trek to one to pick up your mail. (https://www.canadapost.ca/cpc/en/personal/receiving/manage-mail/community-mailbox.page)
>>
>> N.
>>
> A good part of the city where I live still has door to door delivery from Canada Post, but on the other hand the community where I grew up never did.

At-property delivery is still present in neighbourhoods whose development predates the change in delivery policy. The change, IIRC, was sometime in the late-70s. Neighbourhoods developed (subdivision/rezoning) after the policy change get community boxes, even if immediately adjacent to a neighbourhood with at-property. A new house built in an old (pre-change) neighbourhood will still get at-property.

At least that's the general rule as I've observed it. Canada Post has tried to get rid of at-property delivery a few times and met with resistance.