52-pin D-Sub?

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Thu Feb 27 18:41:06 CST 2020

> On Feb 27, 2020, at 7:20 PM, Nigel Johnson via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
> If your reference to D-sub means the connectors originally made by ITT-Cannon, I can offer the following from a cutout from a trade catalog that I have carried around these last 30 years as ammunition against those who erroneously use the term DB-9!
>
> I wasn't sure, so I had to find it and can confirm that there was no 'standard' D-sub of 52 pins in 3 rows.  The ones available were:
>
> DA15, DB25, DC37, and DD50, that latter of which had 50 pins in three rows. There was of course the famously mis-labelled DE9.

I didn't realize DD50 isn't two rows.  Interesting.

Ok, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D-subminiature has more.  Apparently there are three flavors: normal density (2 rows except for DD), high density (3 rows except for DD which has four) and "double density" -- like high density but with more pins in each row.

And the table shows Adam's connector, a DB-52 in the double density series.

	paul