Please make sure your messages have a Subject: line

Tomasz Rola rtomek at ceti.pl
Thu Feb 20 17:32:32 CST 2020

On Thu, Feb 20, 2020 at 11:06:30PM +0100, Tomas By wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Feb 2020 22:40:03 +0100, Tomasz Rola via cctalk wrote:
> > > Can you devise a way to have [CCTALK] in the subject of every
> > > message that does NOT mention politics?
> >
> > I have read recent polit-thread with a kind of amusement. I am still
> > subscribed to Python programming language list and they trash my inbox
> > with questions like "how to sort the list in most kosher Pythonic
> > way". [...]
>

> Silly comparison.

Maybe.

> I am not particularly interested in Sun cables either, but that is
> clearly on topic here.

I find this list to be quite on topic, as compared to other lists I
use to hear from. Although the said Python list, while perfectly on
topic, has also huge noise/info problem. Not the problem with this
list, from which I am learning a lot.

Speaking of problem with offtopic posts, since I am not sure when was
last time I have read the brunt thread (before the one we speak
about), perhaps making lots of fuss will also make the problem bigger
than it really is?

--
Regards,
Tomasz Rola