Fwd: Crypto AG

Bob Smith bobsmithofd at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 08:54:06 CST 2020

IIRC, in the late 70s there was a hand held PDP8 (Intersil 6100 based)
variant ot the crypto AG box. PDP8 had been used (some decus
contributions) for linguistic and cryptologic applications.  The hand
held looked a bit like a calculator, but I don't recall it having a
capability to connect to any other device, sort of an offline (no
external connection) encryption/decryption device like the AG box and
others.
bb