Wanted, Papertape Reader for Archiving Tapes

Jon Elson elson at pico-systems.com
Tue Apr 28 12:49:34 CDT 2020

On 04/28/2020 11:01 AM, Bill Degnan via cctech wrote:
> Hi - COVID project.... I have been attempting to read some old Honeywell
> DDP-516 papertapes using the OP-80A or Teletype reader but it's inefficient
> and I don't want to damage the tapes.  Does anyone have a reliable
> papertape reader for sale
I have a slightly damaged EECO reader with take-up reels.
The damage is one of the spring arms
is snapped.  It could be repaired fairly easily, or used
without the reels.  it has a 12-V parallel
interface, apparently called RS-408.  It is from an
Allen-Bradley CNC control computer.
I could let it go for $50 plus shipping.  it is a fairly
large rack-mount unit.

Jon