Computing and communicating in a COVID-19 world

Murray McCullough c.murray.mccullough at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 09:14:18 CDT 2020

The virus-world we are living in has seen Internet usage dramatically
increase world-wide. Thanks to pioneers like Cerf, Kahn, Crocker and
Kleinrock, sounds like a law firm, paved the way for the packet-switch
system Bell & others fought to prevent. I recall the early days of
computing, classic, retro or otherwise defined, that was slow, but had to
do more than now, as the hardware wasn’t so great or more accurately small
and fast. Their were machines that allowed us to communicate at 300 baud
and I was happy!

  Stay safe. Happy computing and communicating.

Murray  🙂