State of New Jersey needs COBOL programmers

W2HX w2hx at w2hx.com
Sun Apr 5 13:04:54 CDT 2020

Not sure about that. I worked for Pershing in Jersey City around that time. They were (are?) a clearing house for tens of millions of dollars' worth of stock and bond trades every day. Lots of cobol to be remediated still in 1999. Oh, and I also worked on decimalization (stocks used to be traded in 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, and 1/16ths of a dollar)