Nuke Redmond!

Ali cctalk at ibm51xx.net
Mon Oct 7 10:21:02 CDT 2019

> I think what screwed the guy selling the 25 cent computer disks is that
> Microsoft, according to the article ,sells $25 replacement restore
> disks.  So technically he is counterfeiting a current Microsoft
> product, the physical restore disk they sell.

I am not sure about the veracity of that. I.E. If you call Microsoft or Dell and tell them you have a 486 PC you bought 30 years ago with Win 3.1 license they would be willing to provide you with a restore disks at any price. That aside - his biggest mistake was CHARGING for the discs, even if it was a nominal 25 cents, especially if he could not verify original license holder being the purchaser. If he had given the discs away with a refurbished system, even if he worked the price into the system price, with a license I think he would have been fine.

-Ali

p.s. I am not a lawyer I only play one online! :)