Only never in Canada - dumb terminals

Richard Loken rlloken at telus.net
Sat Mar 23 09:56:01 CDT 2019

On Sat, 23 Mar 2019, ben via cctalk wrote:

> I am building a project that needs to use a Stand alone dumb terminal like a
> VT 52 or Similar. Alas I can't find any low cost Hardware Solutions here in
> Canada. Low cost with shipping under is $150 Canadian
> for me.Software terminal emulation is just a stop gap fix.
> Any ideas out there. Even a better search keyword than "dumb terminal"
> would help. Ben.

I have a couple Volker-Craigs in the attic doing nothing.  They are a
bit newer than a VT52 but they are pretty dumb and I am in Athabasca.
You can have them for free, you can get them soon if you come get them
yourself.  You can get them later if you wait for me to bring them to you.

Volker-Craigs were built out of TTL in Waterloo, Ontario between 1980
and 1985 and they do RS-232.  I probably have the service manual if I
look hard.

--
   Richard Loken VE6BSV         	  : "...underneath those tuques we wear,
   Athabasca, Alberta Canada       : our heads are naked!"