Only never in Canada - dumb terminals

ben bfranchuk at jetnet.ab.ca
Sat Mar 23 02:50:05 CDT 2019

On 3/23/2019 1:18 AM, Adrian Stoness wrote:
> what end of canada its a big country
>

> On Sat, Mar 23, 2019 at 2:07 AM ben via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org
> <mailto:cctalk at classiccmp.org>> wrote:
>
>     I am building a project that needs to use a Stand alone dumb terminal
>     like a VT 52 or Similar. Alas I can't find any low cost Hardware
>     Solutions here in Canada. Low cost with shipping under is $150 Canadian
>     for me.Software terminal emulation is just a stop gap fix.
>     Any ideas out there. Even a better search keyword than "dumb terminal"
>     would help. Ben.

Hmm We have cows and grass and oil pumps outside. This must be the
middle of the Alberta. Cold Lake if you really want to know.

I have just finished a 20 BIT CPU design with a DE1 (ORIGINAL) FPGA
development card, and looking at the 1974 - 1976 time frame for
a physical computer hardware design. The bare metal part is done, so now
have test and clean up the logic details and I/O devices. Late this
year I plan to have software and hardware pre-tested on the FPGA
card before I start laying out the mother board and PCBs.

This will be a modern version but basically a 1975 ish logic design.
Small Proms, 74LSxxx and 2901A's and MK4096 4Kx1 Dram speeds.
Ben.