SCSI2SD: Is it worth a try?

Douglas Taylor dj.taylor4 at comcast.net
Wed Mar 20 10:37:49 CDT 2019

I've used the SCSI2SD with great success with vintage DEC computers.
On QBUS machines, both vax and pdp-11, it has worked with Emulex UC07,
TD systems Viking, Andromeda SCDC and the DEC RQZX1 controllers.
I have used it on native SCSI controllers in VAX 3100, VLC 4000 and 64
bit ALPHA machines.

The only other point I would make is that you need a linux system with a
SCSI controller to move data in/out of the SCSI2SD.  I am using a 64 bit
Debian system and I found that the 32 bit SCSI2SD utility wouldn't run
on the 64 bit machine and needed to be recompiled.  However, I still use
a Windows 7 computer to setup the SCSI2Sd via USB.

Doug