Email delivery protocols / methods.

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Sat Jul 6 07:46:21 CDT 2019

    > From: Grant Taylor

    > How many different protocols / methods can we collectively come up with
    > for how email can be transferred?'

Hey, this is the classic computers list, so you should only list early stuff,
(say pre-1990), and leave out all the modern crap (but I repeat myself).

So here's one I'm not sure anyone else will catch: TFTP has an email mode!
Why? Well, FTP is gargantuan (compared to TFTP) and needs a working TCP to
boot, so if all you have is a working TFTP, and no email...

	Noel