a timer for the PC - screen tme for the kids

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 14:07:00 CST 2019

On Fri, 15 Feb 2019 at 20:31, Fred Cisin via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> In these discouraging times, that brings hope for the next generation.
>
> They will learn programming skills,

On that note, this non-retro little computer really pleases me.

https://basicengine.org/

It's a modern version of a 1980s home micro. $10 if you build it from
one-off bits. Less in bulk.

32-bit RISC chip -- actually a wifi controller -- with a super fast
BASIC interpreter, complete with structured programming and sprite
commands and so on.

The display is a DRAM chip that happens to be able to generate an
analog monitor signal.

Amazing little gadget. I have a PCB and plan to try to build one.