PDP-11/45 RSTS/E boot problem

Mattis Lind mattislind at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 13:47:19 CST 2019

torsdag 7 februari 2019 skrev Fritz Mueller via cctalk <
cctalk at classiccmp.org>:

> > How about a Unibus trace?  That would give you the RK11 commands as well
> as the data it sends in response.
>
> I don't think my sad little HP LA has enough buffer for that...

You could use triggers in innovative ways. Maybe trigger on that particular
data on that particular address. What takes place just before this? Is it
DMA or is it the CPU moving the data. Is it just reading out bad or is it
written bad?  That should be possible to figure out. You will probably get
quite far with only 16 data and 16 address bits (if you have the smallest
analyzer). Of course more is better...

/Mattis