%20Storage%20for%201/2"%20open%20reel%20tape

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Mon Apr 8 22:25:04 CDT 2019

>>> /My small 16mm collection is stored on an open reel tape cart. /
>> I wonder how tape rings would do on 16mm reels?
> You mean the write rings?  They're fixed at the hub size....

No, I meant the circumferential hangers.

Since I occasionally processed my own movie film, I usually had plenty of
the light-tight cans that the blank film was shipped in.  But, usually
only 100 foot reels, so too small for tape.

Large reels didn't cost MUCH, but it added up.
Some people would scrap old films for the reels, cans, and shipping boxes.
(such as old Doctor Who episodes that probably wouldn't be aired again)