2.11 BSD on an 11/93 with an CMD SCSI Module

Glen Slick glen.slick at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 13:26:48 CDT 2019

On Tue, Apr 2, 2019 at 9:39 AM Bill Gunshannon via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> OK.  I put them back to cn (I thought cn stood for console and the ttys
> would be different, but fixed now).  Sadly, I still get the "more than
> three handlers" message and attempts to run getty go nuts.  :-)

What exactly do you have for the "cn" device entries in /etc/dtab ?

#Name Unit# Addr Vector Br Handler(s) # Comments

# If you have DL11s, you must give each line an explicit unit number instead
# of using a '?' as above.  If you use a '?', autoconfig(8) will start
# assigning unit numbers starting at 0 which will effectively move your
# console to that first line.  Start your unit numbers with '1'.
#
# cn 1 176500 300 5 cnrint cnxint # kl/dl-11 (on mvx11-aa)

"handlers" here refers to the receive interrupt handler "cnrint" and
the transmit interrupt handler "cnxint". Did you alter anything on the
device entries other than the unit number, csr address, and vector
address?

Try deleting everything on the device entry lines after "cnxint"

(For reference, "cnrint" and "cnxint" are the names of the interrupt
handler routines in src/sys/pdp/cons.c  Those names have to match to
be able to link up the pointers to the interrupt handlers).