VCFMW

Jay West jwest at classiccmp.org
Tue Sep 18 12:19:28 CDT 2018

Once again. Silent700 put together an incredible show for the Midwest
computer festival in Elk Grove. Every room that was rented was almost
overflowing most of the show, so I suspect attendance was great. I heard a
lot of good feedback on the speakers and presentations, and I also noticed
that the auction pile was bigger than each previous year.

I'm not sure which exhibit was my favorite, could be Pat's AVLVAX or Mikes
HP3000 - but I also seem to have spent more time than usual at all the C64,
A2+, and TRS80 machines. Maybe I'll take a detour to the 8-bitters in my
collection for the near term, we'll see!

In addition to the show, there were multiple parties and some late nights
spent hanging out with the folks I mostly get to see once a year so
friendships were renewed and such! Midwest is definitely a really fun show,
I strongly encourage anyone who hasn't been to come out next year.

Silent700 and helpers (mike et. Al.). thank you so much for your untiring
devotion to making Midwest such a great show.