70's computers

ben bfranchuk at jetnet.ab.ca
Wed Oct 24 13:22:16 CDT 2018

On 10/24/2018 11:57 AM, Al Kossow via cctalk wrote:

> On 10/24/18 10:53 AM, ben via cctalk wrote:
>
>> I have no idea what is in a modern home computer, but I suspect
>> it still follows the same design of the IBM PC. Single CPU
>> with segmented memory and bit of DMA here and there.
>
> Wow...
>
> You are out of touch, aren't you.

Am I really, every thing is so backwards compatable with the classic
PC's I don't see much new other than what was hacked on.
I am dealing with archiecture model here, the real hardware don't matter
anyway. If it takes X cycles to read memory, it still X cycles where
memory can be 10uS or 10pS. Ben.