Did anyone see Vintage Tech Hunters on Discovery Canada yet?

ethan at 757.org ethan at 757.org
Thu Nov 8 10:03:26 CST 2018

> On 2018-11-08 05:23, Santo Nucifora via cctalk wrote:
>> I am sure this is not authorized in any way but here's a link to the first
>> episode on Youtube.
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iroAInAMfYo

Going to watch this tonight! Excited!

More TV shows to drive speculation on flipping old stuff versus producing
new good stuff. But hey, at least it's a subject I like this time :-)

After American Pickers mentioned some pinball playfield could be turned
into a coffee table tons of normies with pinball machines thought their
old crap machines were worth thousands because people turned them into
expensive coffee tables. Uhm, no.

Some of the gaming console stuff goes for crazy money right now. I've
heard China makes "reproductions" of carts but I've never figured out how
to buy them. I would. Many of my collector friends now would rather buy a
flash cart and download ROMs versus dealing with the speculative pricing
on old games.

It will be interesting to see what happens to the collectibles markets
when/if the housing bubble pops.

--
: Ethan O'Toole