BBS card, ISA8bit multi serial, 4 channels

ED SHARPE couryhouse at aol.com
Thu Nov 1 19:40:53 CDT 2018

somewhere we  have a  bunch  of  ISA  cards  that  are  like the    ports on my hp  time share  system  just  not  16 ports...I seem  to remember   between  4 and  8...  and they  were   for a   PC  type  machine  of  course  with the  ISA ports.    Although  seen  years  ago  I  think I  remember  which   shelf  rack they  got   crammed into.  - Anyone  remember  something  like  this? as  i  remember  there  are  enough  of  them  to  let   some   go.
  Ed#  at  SMECC

  wish I  remembered  more

On 2018-11-01 14:28, Grant Taylor via cctalk wrote:

> On 11/01/2018 12:22 PM, Fred Cisin via cctalk wrote:
>> A modem,
>> serial mouse,
>> serial printer,
>> serial "RS232" scanner, external drive (yes, they existed), serial
>> control of CD cchanger (consider Kubik 240 disc carousel (SCSI, but
>> serial disc change control)), serial EPROM programmer, serial drawing
>> tablet, serial X10 controller, serial VOTRAX, logging of UPS, etc.
>
> I absolutely agree that such bests of peripherally connected systems
> exist.  I would be shocked to hear that "every PC in the office" was
> equipped as such.
>
> I do wonder how well software that used said peripherals dealt with COM
> ports above 4.

This machines were running Esix and Interactive Unix (and linux?) ...
So no problems at all